Sergeant
Favorite Server: All of them
Germany

Networker

Contributor

Membership

Loading…

17 Apr 2008, 11:23

This is the EA downloader FAQ copied and pasted from the EA forums, I hope it helps you in case you encounter any troubles.

1. EA Downloader
http://downloader.ea.com

2. Support article, "What is The EA Downloader?"
http://support.ea.com/cgi-bin/ea.cfg/ph ... aqid=11083

---
Steps to purchase/download:
1. Use your ea.com account to login and purchase. You don't have to make a new one if you have one already. Pogo accounts or any ea.com account works fine. - your ea.com is not your bf2 account.

2. When purchasing it will ask you for your BF2 login nickname. Just enter the nick you want to apply EF to. You can change it later if you change your mind. This is sometimes called the GameSpy nickname or the BF2 nickname. Same difference. For example, if you play BF2 as Shawn then enter Shawn (not email) in the double field that asks for your GameSpy Nickname. Your GameSpy nickname is your BF2 name.

3. Download using the downloader. Make sure you don't have your downloader logged into a second different ea.com account. I did that without noticing and thought I broke it.

4. Click install in the downloader when it is ready.

5. Play the game normally. You don't need the downloader open, running or even installed at this point.

---
Q: Does the EAD need to be installed or running in order for me to play Euro Force?
A: No.

Q: Does the EAD send my personal system information back to EA? Like spyware?
A: No.

Q: I don't have a credit card, how can I buy Euro Force?
A: We partner with the Click & Buy service to provide a myriad of other payment options. See http: //clickandbuy. com for the full list. You'll see the Click & Buy logo option when purchasing, just follow the instructions there.

Q: When will the EA Downloader be patched to support IE 7.0?
A: This is planned for closer to when 7.0 is standard for the public. Update coming soon. Until this is updated users will likely see a core.exe error when they try to use the EAD.

Q: I get a "Core Error"?!
A: This is caused by using Internet Explorer 7, which is not yet supported.

Q: Can I make a backup copy for my own use after I download?
A: Yes. The default location the downloaded files go to is C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\EA Downloader\cache\accountn ame\. Inside there you will see folders or files for what you wish to backup.

Q: Is there a limit to the number of times I can download/install?
A: No. Once purchased you can install and download at your leisure.

Q: I uninstalled a game, but the EAD still says "Play Game" instead of "Download Now"?
A: If you do not uninstall correctly your PC will still show the software installed and the EAD will falsely think you still have it also. To insure accurate uninstalls use the Add/Remove Programs option in the Control Panel. If you are stuck in this state please contact customer support at http://support.ea.com.

Q: Download rates are slow!
A: The EAD teams is continually improving the efficiency and rate of downloads. Those who used the EAD in the past will likely see an improvement in rates now.

Q: Can my friend buy a game for me on the EAD?
A: The only way to do this would be for your friend to login with your ea.com account. They could then buy the title and logout. Then when you login to the EAD later the title would be available for download. Do not do this with anyone you don't completely trust for obvious reasons.

Q: Do I have to create a special EA or GameSpy account to get Euro Force?
A: No. Log into your ea. com account and when you buy EF you will be asked which nickname you are entitling. If you use more than one ea.com account on your PC make certain you buy it with the same one you want to download it with.

Q: How many times can I change the GameSpy nick associated with my EF purchase?
A: You can change your Gamespy nickname up to 3 times per week.

Q: I encounter an install error at Great Wall Client.zip
A: Go to C: \Program Files\Electronic Arts\EA Downloader\cache\accountn ame\. You should see the EF file you downloaded. Move it out of there, or delete it. Then redownload EF. Unfortunately, until we track down this issue this is the only workaround.