All about the game Bad Company 2 as well our related game servers
armithaeus
Private First Class
Private First Class
Germany

24 Sep 2015, 03:41

Hi,

I have a suggestion for the Conquest server:
If the amount of players is low and the teams are balanced, matches can take very long. This seems to be the case starting around 2-3am (German time). I think it would therefore be a good idea to reduce the amount of tickets, if the amount of players is low.

I have no idea whether this is easily possible though.

Thanks for reading
Armithaeus

PS.: This would also prevent high amount of kills at these night times. For example, I quit a game today to not get banned as I was reaching above 60 kills (and somewhere 35ish deaths). The match was rather balanced and my team was about to lose.

[RC]Hunter
Site Admin
Sergeant
Sergeant
Favorite Server: All of them
Germany

Networker

Contributor

Membership

Loading…

24 Sep 2015, 08:44

Technically there could be something coded to perform this functionality, but I am not sure if makes sense compared to the efforts as well practically, just "protecting" some higher kills fraggers from being banned. Ticket values can be altered on the fly, but will only become effective once the server loads a new level.

Like I explained in earlier posts about the reasons implementing such a killrate detection, its help against suspect gameplay behaviors is tremendous and most bans based on these algorythms are happening at prime time on a full server.

=]RC[= Hunter
skill is not an unlock ... see ya on the battlefields

Image * Image * Image * Image
armithaeus
Private First Class
Private First Class
Germany

24 Sep 2015, 19:51

[RC]Hunter wrote:Technically there could be something coded to perform this functionality, but I am not sure if makes sense compared to the efforts as well practically, just "protecting" some higher kills fraggers from being banned. Ticket values can be altered on the fly, but will only become effective once the server loads a new level.

Like I explained in earlier posts about the reasons implementing such a killrate detection, its help against suspect gameplay behaviors is tremendous and most bans based on these algorythms are happening at prime time on a full server.
The killrate "fix" would only be a side-effect. Imo the matches take too long at night. Imo it is more enjoyable, if the map switches after ~15-20mins to have more variety. I thought that there is maybe a standard setting for reducing tickets with low amount of players, since I think I saw that on another server, but I am not entirely sure. If it is too much work, it is probably not worth it.

PS.: What kind of language would something like this needed to be coded in?

[RC]Hunter
Site Admin
Sergeant
Sergeant
Favorite Server: All of them
Germany

Networker

Contributor

Membership

Loading…

25 Sep 2015, 21:17

There is a pro and a con to everything ... yes of course matches drag longer the less players are on (especially if they perform almost equally), on the other hand any ending round makes players leave (finished gaming) and if new players pop up less, shorter rounds would empty the server much faster.

Coding wise it does not matter, depends what you base on. Existing rcon tools provide their customized addon syntax (if there is any), besides that you can code in any language you are knowledgeable in creating your own rcon tool.

Besides descriptions of rcon commands and desired server replies, DICE never provide any rcon tool for their battlefield servers.

=]RC[= Hunter
skill is not an unlock ... see ya on the battlefields

Image * Image * Image * Image