Nino-6-years
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
Favorite Server: BC2
Germany

Contributor

Membership

24 Sep 2017, 21:20

Hi, the mentioned player arpihun is regulary visiting your server for a couple of weeks now.
He doesnt play, doesnt capture flags, kill enemies or even camp somewhere.
All he does is destroying everything with C4.
This is just annyong for most players, since the server becomes more or less unplayable, because every cover is dust and ashes.

Many players, including myself, would like to see him banned from the server.
Please take a look at him.

EDIT:
I can upload a video of him, if necessary, but id prefer you could take a look at him live :D

[RC]Hunter
Site Admin
Sergeant
Sergeant
Favorite Server: All of them
Germany

Networker

Contributor

Membership

Loading…

25 Sep 2017, 07:27

Mentioned player plays on our server since more than two years and not just a few weeks ...

There can be a lot of annoying things a player can do, but we are not banning because somebody is calling out somebodies name. There should be more evidence to it and if there are more players like you wrote, they should raise their voice.

=]RC[= Hunter
skill is not an unlock ... see ya on the battlefields

Image * Image * Image * Image
Nino-6-years
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
Germany

Contributor

Membership

25 Sep 2017, 17:27

[RC]Hunter wrote:Mentioned player plays on our server since more than two years and not just a few weeks ...
Yes, i know. I meant, that he started the C4 abuse about 1 or 2 weeks ago and continues on a daily basis for 2-4 rounds each time he joins the server.
[RC]Hunter wrote:There can be a lot of annoying things a player can do, but we are not banning because somebody is calling out somebodies name. There should be more evidence to it and if there are more players like you wrote, they should raise their voice.
That's why I asked you to take a look on the server. :)
As an example: On White Pass he starts to blow up each building, followed by every single tree on the field. When there is no cover left, especially between A/C and the RU/US base, because he chopped each tree away, you can't get out of the base anymore - the game becomes pure boredom, because early in the game there is no chance to actually play, but just camp for 10-15 minutes, die at the base or just leave the server. He ruins the fun from the beginning of each round he is "playing" with us.

Personally i would warn him about that and if he would continue with this nonsens, i would ban him, at least temporarily, so he gets the message.

If evidence is needed, ill try to record him and upload a video. But still i recommend someone of the admins would join the server when he is playing to get a better view on what is happening there ... ;)

[RC]Hunter
Site Admin
Sergeant
Sergeant
Germany

Networker

Contributor

Membership

Loading…

26 Sep 2017, 07:34

Nino-6-years wrote:If evidence is needed, ill try to record him and upload a video. But still i recommend someone of the admins would join the server when he is playing to get a better view on what is happening there ... ;)
Yes ...and in an ideal world admins are waiting 24/7 to spot when a player X is joining the server, sure... :shock:

You believe the server is filling on its own EVERY day, therefore when you play from 8 to 10 pm an admin has to be around each time or at any given moment you join the server? hehehehe ... this would result into a BC2 maniac person. lol

There are plenty of human administrative actions going on every day in the background, regulars do not even notice ...

=]RC[= Hunter

Nino-6-years
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
Germany

Contributor

Membership

26 Sep 2017, 13:14

[RC]Hunter wrote:Yes ...and in an ideal world admins are waiting 24/7 to spot when a player X is joining the server, sure... :shock:
I am not saying, that admins should be checking the server for 24/7. :D I am simply informing you, that currently a player (in this case it's arpihun) is misbehaving and ruining the fun on your server, so RC-admins can know about the events taking place at their own server and do something about it, if they think it's necessary. Exactly because they can't check everything 24/7 i am here to draw your attention to this specific player.
Also it's not a must, that you have to join and take a look - that has never been said-, but just a simple recommendation from me - when you notice him on the server, whether by coincidence or not, and have time to join and see for yourself what he is doing there. Also that's why i am making records of him, so you can see without being online.

By the way i have checked his stats:

K/D = 0.25
Total Kills = 2447 kills
Most kills with a weapon = 112 kills with 870MCS
C4 = 1230 kills (and killed by it 810, mostly by suicide i would guess)

So more then 50% of his total kills are just with C4 ... This is just a sneak peek of him, since he is mainly blowing things up without making any kills, but just destroying buildings and the environment in general.

Also i do remember the case of Ivy_Queen aka Cathy Craggs (see this and this topic).
He/She got banned, although Cathy hasn't broken any rule and was much less annoying then arpihun, since arpihun is destroying literally EVERYTHING, leaving each player on an open field without cover - for both teams impossible to play and have fun. He leaves the whole server as a mess, to be honest.

Anyways, i am not here to argue.
If i see him again, ill post a video, so you see what i am talking about.
And maybe some people will register to bring more views and evidence to this topic (many are lazy to register though, which is unfortunate :D).

[RC]Hunter
Site Admin
Sergeant
Sergeant
Germany

Networker

Contributor

Membership

Loading…

04 Oct 2017, 10:23

I was away the last couple days, therefore just reading / replying now.

Downside to issues like emails and posts are, that emotions cannot be transferred correctly like a voice chat could do. I am happy about your comments in general, since it does help to point attention to issues which may would not be recognized without.

For me posting the most here from the administrative side (not all admins are eager to encourage themselves here at the forums .. hehehe), it becomes sometimes pretty boring to be honest that only posts similar to "I am banned?!?" or "Player X is cheating here and there" are popping up, while besides that anything else seems to be out of interest or non relevant to people. I would play with the idea to close the forums instead, like it is the case in 95% of most other servers around not even featuring a forum or website, but it would make it look more silent and peaceful then. Often people report stuff, or replying to a post made (in defending themselves or confirming) but then not coming back for weeks so threads are aging out. Or people are not even reading anything else posted here from time to time, so what counts? lol

In reference to the mentioned player here, arpi got temp banned for a week last week already and will be able to join the server again by today or tomorrow ... not sure about this in detail at this point.

=]RC[= Hunter

Nino-6-years
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
Germany

Contributor

Membership

05 Oct 2017, 23:36

Offtopic, deswegen auf deutsch:
[RC]Hunter wrote:For me posting the most here from the administrative side (not all admins are eager to encourage themselves here at the forums .. hehehe), it becomes sometimes pretty boring to be honest that only posts similar to "I am banned?!?" or "Player X is cheating here and there" are popping up, while besides that anything else seems to be out of interest or non relevant to people.
Das kenne ich nur zu gut. :D

Als mein Clan noch existiert hat, hatten wir auch noch ein Forum, welches Anfangs sehr gut besucht war, es wurde aktiv diskutiert, viel privates geteilt, Interessen ausgetauscht etc. (Lustig war es auch, die Bewerbungen zu lesen, um dem Clan beizutreten :D) Wir hatten auch einen öffentlichen Chat, ähnlich der Shoutbox auf dieser Website. Allerdings fand die Kommunikation überwiegend zwischen den Clan-Mitgliedern (damals ca. 30) und einigen regelmäßigen Besuchern unseres Servers statt. Als der Clan geschrumpft ist, weil die Betroffenen weniger Zeit hatten (Arbeit, Familie usw.) wurde es immer stiller, dadurch gab es auch für neue Besucher weniger Anreiz sich überhaupt zu registrieren. Im Endeffekt hat man sich schon gefreut, wenn überhaupt jemand etwas gepostet hat, mag es noch so irrelevant oder eben das typische "pls unban" gewesen sein. :D Wenn neue Gesichter erschienen sind, konnte man gleich die Korken fliegen lassen, so selten war es geworden. Letzten Endes wurde der Schlussstrich gezogen und das Forum war weg. Genauso ist der Clan zerfallen ...

Das Hauptproblem war bei uns die spätere Inaktivität der Clan-Mitglieder, denn sie waren es, die die gesamte Community aufrecht gehalten haben, sowohl auf dem Forum, als auch auf dem Server (Freitags und an Wochenenden hatten wir besondere Veranstaltungen auf dem Server). Ich denke, wenn sie aktiver gewesen wären, dann würden auch mehr Besucher auftauchen, wie wir es zu Beginn gewohnt waren. Naja, war eine schöne Zeit, leider zu kurz. :D

Ich hoffe das Selbe passiert nicht gerade mit euch, wenn schon hiervon die Rede ist :D:
[RC]Hunter wrote:I would play with the idea to close the forums instead, like it is the case in 95% of most other servers around [...]

[RC]Hunter
Site Admin
Sergeant
Sergeant
Germany

Networker

Contributor

Membership

Loading…

06 Oct 2017, 08:11

Das ist der normale Werdegang wenn das Interesse an einem bestimmten Spiel nachlaesst, allerdings haben wir mehrere Interessensbereiche und auch aktive Spieler in unterschiedlichen Spielen auf verschiedenen Servern ... das ist kein Problem hier. Aber natuerlich hast Du auch recht, mehr Spieler fuer ein bestimmtes Spiel, also groesseres Interesse zum selben Thema generiert immer mehr Aktivitaeten und Spass.

Ich bin mir mittlerweile leider sehr sicher das es sich um Bequemlichkeit und auch in einigen Bereichen um "beschraenktes Verstaendnis" fuer die ganze Sachlage handelt. Dies bezieht sich nicht auf die "virtuellen Freunde im Spiel" mit welchen man einfach ein paar Runden zocken kann, sondern um einfaches Kommunizieren.

Mal ein paar kleine Dinge auf welche ich mich beziehe:

Beispiel Webseite und Teamspeak Server, ich verlange das man sich auf unserer Webseite registriert und mir schreibt wenn man mehr TS Rechte haben moechte. (Kanaele fuer Freunde usw) Nicht um die Userliste zu fuellen, sondern um im Bedarfsfall jemanden per Mail zu erreichen, wenn sich denn mal etwas am TS Server aendern sollte. Oder Leute schreiben mir wenn sie die Rechte verloren haben und bitten um Hilfe usw. ... aber denke mal nicht das dies verstanden wird und stattdessen erhaelt man dumme Sprueche im TS und man solle gefaelligst einfach so Rechte freischalten. *grin

Beispiel Spielserver, darueber meckern wie einige Settings sind kann jeder oder erwarten das immer ein Admin zur Stelle ist wenn es denn mal brennt, aber was ist die anderen "6 Tage und 20 Stunden der Woche" an welchen man nicht spielt? Egal ... Spiel habe ich gekauft, Server gibts fuer lau und wenn ich dann mal da bin dann spiel ich wie ich will und mach die Noobs platt und wehe der Server ist leer ... na dann zock ich halt woanders ... Die Grundidee laenger Spass zu haben als nur fuer den Moment, ist bei heutiger Spielkultur nahezu komplett abhanden gekommen. Zeiten aendern sich ... ;-)

Nun ist diese Webseite hier auch strukturell nicht mehr das Neueste, aber das alleine ist nicht der Grund fuer Kommunikationshuerden. Beispiel Steam, alle welche bestimmte Spiele spielen moechten registrieren sich bei Steam, hinterlegen reelle Daten zum Kauf von neuen Spielen und das ist alles normal ... es werden massenweise Steam Gruppen angelegt (kann jeder, ist klick klick fertig) und schon gibts einen neuen Clan mit Null Inhalt ... will man dann den Hunter vollquasseln in Steam ueber Probleme mit Spielern oder Server Settings, dieser sagt "bitte auf unserer Webseite registrieren und dort melden" heisst es "waaa? da muss ich mich ja registrieren ..." ... wo ist da die Logik? hehehe

Sollte jemals arpihun unsere Webseite aufsuchen und sich registrieren, der muss denken wir spendieren sehr viel Zeit zu seinem Topic ... *lach

=]RC[= Hunter

Nino-6-years
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
Germany

Contributor

Membership

07 Oct 2017, 00:30

Update: arpihun has joined the server today. He wasn't destroying any buildings with C4 anymore ... instead he spammed 40mm grenades. :D The temp-ban taught him a lesson, it seems.

Offtop:
Stimme ich schon zu, es wird oft einseitig betrachtet, wenn es um die Server-Einstellungen geht (kann nur von BC2 Conquest reden). Zum Beispiel wenn es um die Balance geht, beschweren sich selbst gute Spieler, dass es langweilig ist und schieben es dann auf die Settings, aber um selber das Team zu wechseln oder die eigene Spielweise etwas an die Situation anzupassen - dafür sind sie dann zu bequem. Alles soll immer perfekt für einen selbst laufen. Nur wie soll man 32 verschiedene Personen und deren Wünsche gleichzeitig zufriedenstellen? Will keine Namen nennen, aber dort sind dann Gestalten, die im Winner-Team mit 30/2 sitzen, sagen wie schlecht und langweilig das gegnerische Team ist, aber selber nicht wechseln um zu helfen. Natürlich ist nicht immer Platz zum wechseln vorhanden, aber sie versuchen es nicht einmal und wollen es auch nicht. Die KD könnte ja in Mitleidenschaft gezogen werden. :D Und wenn sie dann mal verlieren, sind es die ersten die "BALANCE!!!" rufen. :D Glücklicherweise sind starke Spieler, die hin und wieder ins schwächere Team wechseln vorhanden, auch wenn sie seltener sind.

Genauso als es um die Abstimmung zu den Karten ging, haben sich im Chat viele gemeldet und Wünsche geäußert, aber anschließend offen gesagt, dass sie zu faul seien sich zu registrieren. Also das Interesse zur Kommunikation ist vorhanden, aber nicht stark genug um sie von einer Registration zu überzeugen. Schade eigentlich, denn auf dem Server ist einiges los, was auch dieses Forum beleben könnte.

Naja, das wird sich wohl nicht mehr so schnell ändern, so sind die Leute eben. :D Mich hat noch gewundert, als ein regelmäßiger Besucher des Servers fragte, wie die URL des Forums lautet ... Dabei kommuniziert er viel über den Chat, wie konnte er für so lange Zeit die Adresse nicht bemerkt haben, wenn sie alle 30 Sekunden eingeblendet wird? Es ist mir bis heute ein Rätsel. Nach solchen Erlebnissen wundert mich nicht, dass auf Foren zu diversen Spielen verhältnismäßig wenig los ist. :D

Nino-6-years
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
Germany

Contributor

Membership

13 Jul 2018, 21:52

Hi, bumping this thread, since arpihun is trolling again.
In fact, I have seen him destroying the whole environment the last couple of weeks.
Since there are a few other players, who complain about him, I just wanted to remind of this player and push this thread to the top.

Seriously, he is annoying and always ruins the game, because there is no cover left to actually play game. He does nothing else than destroying buildings, trees etc.