Sergeant
Favorite Server: All of them
Germany

Networker

Contributor

Membership

Loading…

30 Apr 2018, 16:27

Yes indeed ... you all noticed for sure.

Plus we get the intelligent approach of the unofficial servers splitting the shrinking community even more... and allowing players to play this addon even if they did not purchase it. Said enough about this topic in the past already, so what gives ... we all like Hastings and Co but there is a follower of BC2 Vietnam out there since last year already, called RISING STORM 2:VIETNAM. The only difference for a common BC2 player is, RS2 Vietnam will be more realistic and does not feature hip firing recons, easy auto aim knife kills and stuff like that. Team play is the key, no Rambo style ...

Just though about you lonely BC2 Vietnam players today and recorded this little snippet this morning at our =]RC[= STRATEGO - RS2 Vietnam server. ;-)

=]RC[= Hunter
skill is not an unlock ... see ya on the battlefields

Image * Image * Image * Image
Nino-6-years
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
Favorite Server: BC2
Germany

Contributor

Membership

05 May 2018, 19:07

Yes, not many people are playing Vietnam.
I have bought the original CD after release, but it was a waste of money. Mainly because:

1. It is accessible for free now. No installation of Vietnam / expansion needed.
2. Less and less people are playing it. Crowded Servers are usually modded, which makes it unenjoyable.
3. The gamemechanics and content are slightly different from vanilla BC2. Comparing both, Vanilla is much better. E.g. most maps in Vietnam are horrible, in my opinion ... They are only good for hardcore-campers.

The flamethrower is fun, though. ))

Never again will I fall for DLC's. Bunch of crap advertised as "good content". )))

[RC]Hunter
Site Admin
Sergeant
Sergeant
Favorite Server: All of them
Germany

Networker

Contributor

Membership

Loading…

20 May 2018, 23:47

The BC2 Vietnam DLC is not free of charge at all. Only on modded servers you can play this content while only owning a vanilla copy of BC2.

This is why I do not support modded servers at all and call it a betrayal to the loyal BC2 community. It allows players to play BC2 Vietnam without paying for it and they split the shrinking BC2 community even more. I do not see any point in this.

=]RC[= Hunter
skill is not an unlock ... see ya on the battlefields

Image * Image * Image * Image