Private
Private
Favorite Server: BC2
United States of America

Contributor

Membership

06 Feb 2021, 19:56

Hi
I have noticed that it has crashed few times already in this week.Perhaps 4 days in a row.Not sure what else to say...just informing here. Not to mention laggier then before.I know my ping is usually around 200 so don't like complaining but players with ping below 100 also mentioned Lag many times.

[RC]Hunter
Site Admin
Sergeant
Sergeant
Favorite Server: All of them
Germany

Networker

Contributor

Membership

Loading…

07 Feb 2021, 19:30

Thanks for the report!

There are a couple of possibilities related to EA itself sometimes, however first rough look indicates a bit unsual network traffic on top of the regular one towards the server. Same applies to other BC2 server instances from us.

Promotes the idea of an another direct server instance attack to be honest. Network traffic monitoring enabled, lets see if we can catch something.

Keep on gaming, so it will become interesting again for a possible attacker. :geek:

=]RC[= Hunter
skill is not an unlock ... see ya on the battlefields

Image * Image * Image * Image
user73
Private
Private
United States of America

Contributor

Membership

08 Feb 2021, 20:44

Well it's good as you said Network traffic monitoring has been enabled, just to inform you again that it crashed twice yesterday and twice today.It is time usually i play.Not sure if such crashes been taking place at other times too.

[RC]Hunter
Site Admin
Sergeant
Sergeant
Germany

Networker

Contributor

Membership

Loading…

09 Feb 2021, 10:35

The traffic was analyzed and the current attack was mitigated.

Thank you again for your report, who knows how long this has been happening from time to time...
We have seen this too many times in the decades of hosting game servers.

=]RC[= Hunter

Makkan
Private First Class
Private First Class
Sweden

Contributor

Membership

09 Feb 2021, 21:43

Im not sure if this i related with the other issues regarind EA's network, but im having trouble coonecting to the stratego game server as we speak. I get the classic "Connection to the game server has been lost" just as im about to join the server. I can still join other game servers without any problem, but this one i cant join anymore. It's very strange and I cant find a solution. :cry:

[RC]Hunter
Site Admin
Sergeant
Sergeant
Germany

Networker

Contributor

Membership

Loading…

10 Feb 2021, 12:03

No it is surely not related.
Sent you a PM for further help.

=]RC[= Hunter

Nino-6-years
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
Germany

Contributor

Membership

10 Feb 2021, 17:25

Makkan wrote:
09 Feb 2021, 21:43
Im not sure if this i related with the other issues regarind EA's network, but im having trouble coonecting to the stratego game server as we speak. I get the classic "Connection to the game server has been lost" just as im about to join the server. I can still join other game servers without any problem, but this one i cant join anymore. It's very strange and I cant find a solution. :cry:
Have you tried joining with another nickname? Yesterday MaRtA_Tank_Girl and =DROVOSEK= mentioned the same issue - they could join other servers, but not RC. However, joining RC with other nicknames, except for the main soldier, did work. I would assume the same happened to neet, who all of a sudden switched his nickname to something else. :D

I remember a similar problem about 6-7 years ago, when people were unable to join any server with old nicknames, if their name contained capital letters. Either you were one of the lucky ones with a nick in lower case only or you had to simply create a new soldier until EA fixed the bug.

Makkan
Private First Class
Private First Class
Sweden

Contributor

Membership

10 Feb 2021, 18:39

Thanks to both Hunter and Nino for your replies, and i saw your PM Hunter. Today everything seems to work fine again, im in the game server right now actually. We'll have to see if the problems comes back or if it was only temporarily. It is very odd, as nothing is changed from where im sitting :? :biggrin:

neet
Private First Class
Private First Class
India

Contributor

Membership

14 Feb 2021, 09:23

For me game itself has started crashing more frequently for past couple of months then ever.Can't be sure if it is related to RC server or EA but Few fellow players who also mentioned 'game crashed' are Martha ,Drovosek,Eddy-SN and (another player i don't recall his name at this moment).

I started playing with another ID not because of any login issues but just wanted to play anonymous n quietly but that was ruined by marta when she started crying neet is hacker ,kick him etc. :bash:

I am quite off topic here but don't feel like creating new post as it's been very long when we all talking about something here.Just wanting to tell you Nino that i like the way you play.Thats how this game should be played now without worrying about K/D n all and using different weapons .There are few players who lock the squad alone or prefer playing solo,neither they cap the flag but keep wondering around spawn points for few kills ,that is so selfish.There is another camper who's K/D is 4.50 i guess and many times he don't even comes out of base.
Anyhow...nice to talk to you guys again. :angel:

Nino-6-years
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
Germany

Contributor

Membership

15 Feb 2021, 19:08

neet wrote:
I started playing with another ID not because of any login issues but just wanted to play anonymous n quietly but that was ruined by marta when she started crying neet is hacker ,kick him etc. :bash:
Marta! Into the Box of Shame you go! :D
neet wrote:
For me game itself has started crashing more frequently for past couple of months then ever.Can‘t be sure if it is related to RC server or EA but Few fellow players who also mentioned ‚game crashed‘ are Martha ,Drovosek,Eddy-SN and (another player i don‘t recall his name at this moment).
I don‘t want to draw any overhasty conclusions, because I just recently started playing BC2 again after a long break, but during the 1-2 weeks of my presence on RC I witnessed plenty of Server Crashes too. However, this shouldn‘t be confused with Game Crashes, which relate to your machine, OS, RAM etc.
Also the ingame statistics are completely messed up and wrong, mine got even reset a couple of times. Connection errors appear during first account login attempt, or after exiting a server I am shown rank 1 again. Friendship invites do not work as they should. This game, from a technical perspective, is a bug ridden monstrosity and EA wasn‘t and isn‘t able to fix these issues. They are good at their money-grabbing schemes, though ...
like most useless „business men“, aka waste of oxygen, who have no talents whatsoever but to exploit whomever they can.
neet wrote:
Just wanting to tell you Nino that i like the way you play.Thats how this game should be played now without worrying about K/D n all [...]
Thanks, I totally understand your position regarding „ego-players“. Can‘t stand them either. Teamplay within good company is always a pleasure. :thumbup: