Banned from server

Want to know what happened ? Raise your voice here and appeal if you believe the ban was made in error.
deHomofiel

01 Dec 2015, 17:34

Hello RC Stratego,
I got banned from your server this has either to do with the same reason as Nino: 6 years. Or with the fact that there was an admin online on the server that couldnt cope with some critisism and then felt the need to ban me. I am not listed in the Ban list you can find on this forum so my assumption goes to an automatic ban. I honestly can't tell why I got banned. I am a decent player but nothing too good. Might have something to do with my internet but I can assure you I have no cheats neither do I know how to activate those.

If however this has to do with the fact that an admin felt the need to ban one of his costumers pure because of different points of view and maybe a heated argument then surely I hope the main admin (if that wasnt him) would be a little more mature and know that this should be an invalid reason to permanently ban a player.

I hope to hear from you soon..

Sam

Nino-6-years
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
Favorite Server: BC2
Germany

Contributor

Membership

02 Dec 2015, 00:14

Regarding to the criticism: I don't know about any discussion with an admin - It's actually pretty new to me, that admins are online on the RC-BFBC2-Servers. I haven't seen any yet :D - so I can't say anything about that. But since I have played quite a lot with deHomofiel on your server, I can tell you with greatest conviction, that he isn't using any cheats, hacks or whatsoever. I am an experienced player and I would recognize a cheater or at least suspicious players. As far as I may judge, he is always playing fair and being friendly to others.

deHomofiel

02 Dec 2015, 00:39

Thanks bro,

Yes there was an admin basically he was named ""Server". We had a discussion about the baserape system. Basically me and a friend did not agree with this and found the system particullary bad. We told this to the admin on which he replied only "mad kids dont understand anything and dont know how to read".

my critisism to this response is that i found it rather an unprofessional response to those loyal costumers of their server. But somehow the admin seemed to be very unpleased to receive any kind of critisism.

Ah well so be it, I don't expect anything to change neither did I ask of him to change from his or her opinion. I just expected a little more professionality and/or kindness to how exactly the system works. Still after reading the rules I still find it rather vague and unclear. I would like them to upload those "imaginairy lines" so I can see from what minimum distance I can shoot on each map.

[RC]Hunter
Site Admin
Sergeant
Sergeant
Favorite Server: All of them
Germany

Networker

Contributor

Membership

Loading…

02 Dec 2015, 11:04

deHomofiel wrote:Hello RC Stratego,
I got banned from your server this has either to do with the same reason as Nino: 6 years. Or with the fact that there was an admin online on the server that couldnt cope with some critisism and then felt the need to ban me. I am not listed in the Ban list you can find on this forum so my assumption goes to an automatic ban. I honestly can't tell why I got banned. I am a decent player but nothing too good. Might have something to do with my internet but I can assure you I have no cheats neither do I know how to activate those.

If however this has to do with the fact that an admin felt the need to ban one of his costumers pure because of different points of view and maybe a heated argument then surely I hope the main admin (if that wasnt him) would be a little more mature and know that this should be an invalid reason to permanently ban a player.

I hope to hear from you soon..

Sam
You received a ban on our BC2 servers because of acting disrespectful to the server owners.

Running game servers for different games over many years, our community is more than used to plenty of input from friendly players for certain rules, options or technologies in place. It is however important that input should be provided in a propper manner.

For a simple attempt of an admin trying to help - through the server console (chat message) - referring to our website for further read up, in regards to pretty senseless statements of your friend, you joined the conversation quickly posing yourself on the expense of others in a similiar way like your buddy did at this time.

This does not match to your so called "mature case" which you used in your chat message pretty often as well, without any qualified background knowledge about us or the rule(s) in question.

=]RC[= Hunter
skill is not an unlock ... see ya on the battlefields

Image * Image * Image * Image
deHomofiel

02 Dec 2015, 11:34

So I received a what looks like a PERMANENT ban due to the fact that you found me disrespectful. Do know that I never insulted you or your other admin neither did I claim for you to be stupid or whatsoever. I did however 'insult' a rule or what to your opinion is a "stupid" opinion to how the server rule works. I did not get informed with a website by you or your friend. Disrespect was then if you call what I did disrespect a 2-way disrespect. I hope you do know that the fact that people have critisism about a rule, whether that is stupid or not, have read something or not. It doesnt come out of nothing and I kind of expected the admin to not start off a conversation to one person that is flaming about the rule saying "you are shouting and complaining but you have no idea what you are talking about." this to me was enough reason to partly critisize the rule. and partly critisize your behaviour towards costumers. ONCE AGAIN i have not insulted you or the other admin let alone made fun of you. I hope this issue can get resolved. I will give you my appology if that soothes you and surely will never talk to an admin again because they seem to be very sensetive.

EDIT: Like for example I did get to hear that I can't read. I also got to hear that I'm stupid. Now I do not make a big deal out of that but then again if saying you should grow up is being disrespectful this disrespect has gone 2 ways.

Maybe it's just me and I don't see server owners as somewhat 'better' people or some king. but just as a normal human being that is running a 'company' and is supposed to be a bit professional. Apparently im mistaken then and I'm sorry if you felt insulted by me or as if I treated you in a wrong way.

LAST EDIT: You couldve given me a warning saying you do not appreciate the way I talk and wished me to stop (some sort of warning). That wouldve been more than enough to stop me from being 'disrespectful'.

deHomofiel

02 Dec 2015, 23:43

I'd like to get this resolved if possible.

[RC]Hunter
Site Admin
Sergeant
Sergeant
Favorite Server: All of them
Germany

Networker

Contributor

Membership

Loading…

03 Dec 2015, 11:28

Not sure what you get in mind to interprete left or right, neither was there any comment from the admin side being on the server chat naming you stupid nor a discussion about the rule itself. Perhaps 2-3 lines of "server chat" stating that any discussions about the server rule ingame keeping the game chat busy will not be suitable and advised to read up on our website.

Instead I can see pretty awful comments from you and your buddy about this particular server rule in question, the admin being a kid and must be stupid, perhaps should act more mature and take input from players and more.

We are running this community not just like yesterday and most important pretty professionial using your terminology. However you are not a customer of our website nor game server. You are a customer of the supplier of the particular game you play. Pointing your bad attitude towards server owners is just wrong and you fail big time. They run the servers for free, if there would not be any of these people running servers on their behalf, you could not play the game. None of us requests from you to genuflect or to adore our admins.

Usually I am not even forced to reply as extended as I did here, I just believe it might be interesting for other readers to get a bit better understanding about the case.

In the past years playing and hosting various games, I have seen plenty of your characters. Pretty much idle talk, twisting facts, but not taking their time to assembly real facts for a decent conversation.

=]RC[= Hunter
skill is not an unlock ... see ya on the battlefields

Image * Image * Image * Image
deHomofiel

03 Dec 2015, 16:55

I am very highly sure that i did get to hear i am unable to read. I did claim that the server rule was stupid whether u i was informed or not. and I did say i dont like his attitude (aka his maturity). but i never called him stupid or so. It seems like i got banned on behalf of what the other person said. Just saying. If you'd like to share the log with me id like to discuss the matter with u and if there are any things ud like to point out im happy to appologise for that. when it comes to insults etc. Also if you do want to punish me I'm happy to wait out the time but I think a permanent ban is a bit radical

deHomofiel

07 Dec 2015, 22:48

Can we get to a compromise here or will I be banned permanently? I'd like to know if thats possible:/