I'am banned...

Want to know what happened ? Raise your voice here and appeal if you believe the ban was made in error.
Bob.bulleken
Private
Private

21 May 2016, 17:33

Hi,

Today I got banned on the bfbc2 vietnam server, the ban is for 5 minutes but now i'am banned for real. First i was banned by autoadmin because i killed the guys who where camping with tanks and snipers in their mainbase while autoadmin is protecting them. This means they can kill as many guys as they can and meanwhile stay safe because the autoadmin backs them up... This kills the gameplay and I got bored with it so i killed them, they where not moving anyway...

Can i get a unban and can this autoadmin please be adjusted so camping snipers and tanks are being able to get killed without banning people?

[RC]Hunter
Site Admin
Sergeant
Sergeant
Favorite Server: All of them
Germany

Networker

Contributor

Membership

Loading…

22 May 2016, 21:08

You were perm banned for the time being due to the fact attacking uncaps repeatedly and not just once or twice.

Server rules:
http://www.clusterwars.net/viewtopic.php?t=666

=]RC[= Hunter
skill is not an unlock ... see ya on the battlefields

Image * Image * Image * Image
Bob.bulleken
Private
Private

22 May 2016, 21:21

yeah the thing is i played a lot on this server for quite a long time already, i'am even number one player of the server with my account Gamert Freek. So these bans stack after a while. the autoadmin radius is so big, on operation hasting the enemy can run on the hill almost near the choppers and even then autoadmin is kicking in when you kill them. They are already far out their base, so yeah the autoadmin can be a pain in the ass. I think this ban is not really needed and i still suggest to adjust the autoadmin a bit so people are not tempted to stay in their base with snipers and kill around from there...

Bob.bulleken
Private
Private

22 May 2016, 21:29

I could even say that this autoadmin is some kind of form of statpadding, as far as i know its not really allowed to change gameplay on ranked servers. Keeping the game like it is origanally made would be a much better option. If EA would not allow baserape then they would make it impossible, since you can enter the base with a chopper you can assure its legal if you follow the original rules which suit a ranked server. If a server is not ranked then you could do whatever you want with server settings and an auto admin is allowed too.. But lets not be too bitchy about this, but like i said, bans can stack after a long time playing on this server and with this huge range of autoadmin.

I even got banned once because i shot a tank with an rpg but missed it and accidentaly killed a camping sniper on the hills near their base... :(

Some players are even so low that when they are camping with a tank between their mainbase and their first flag that when i come with a chopper and try to kill them (outside of the autoadmin range) they quickly drive back to their mainbase so they are protected when i kill them. This is just plain lame gameplay isn't it?

Bob.bulleken
Private
Private

22 May 2016, 21:54

When I check the rules rules in the EA eula this gets pointed out:

[copy/paste]
Server Administrators may implement and enforce rules that result in minor changes to gameplay behavior or styles as long as these are clearly stated before a player starts playing on a server. These rules typically introduce minor or limited restrictions on how a certain aspect of the game can be used, but do not create or promote an environment that would allow abuse of the scoring/award system.
[/copy/paste]

It is allowed to make a rule that makes sure baserape is not allowed (its stated in the rules). But since the auto admin range is so big it creates an environment that players can abuse to get a better score. Which they do by camping with a tank or sniper or whatever on the edge of the auto admin. This is not allowed like you can read in the rule above because it can boost their score in an unfair way. Limiting the range of the autoadmin so people are safe on the spawn but are to far away from the action is avoiding this and no rules are broken.

[RC]Hunter
Site Admin
Sergeant
Sergeant
Germany

Networker

Contributor

Membership

Loading…

22 May 2016, 22:19

Taking Hasting as an example,
US base, the hill you climb up from the US uncap is protected, walking down on the other side towards A, you cannot reach the chopper pad while being protected.

NVA base: getting up the hill from the base through the trees, on the top of it you are protected and you can sit down and snipe. While any solder from the Huey pad at D or at the flag range of D can easily kill you. You just walk not up there and kill the camper
Same for the road out of the NVA base, yes tanks start to sneak around the corner, if you stand at the hill coming down from C or you tank yourself at the D flag or in the water crossing over to C, you have no problem shooting the tanks coming out. But driving towards the NVA uncap and shooting in there or hovering with choppers over NVA or US bases, is clearely base raping.

You got banned last on Phu Bay btw.... which is even easier to protect uncaps from the map concept point of view. No rule server, not protecting uncaps are a pain in the ass and not well played by regulars. We got plenty of steady players for a purpose.

base raping takes place in two cases:

- teams are heavily unbalanced in terms of skills (good to get a few base rapers removed then, so teams get a chance to mix up a little)

- server is low on population and the few players get raped by some "brainless pro´s"

The way or another, attacking uncaps does not show much of skill and the base protection is build in a way that you can counter attack base campers any time. You just do not run into their uncap zone, period ...

Since you played so many rounds already, I will review your ban. But please give the game play a chance in the future and avoid attacking uncaps.

=]RC[= Hunter

Bob.bulleken
Private
Private

22 May 2016, 22:40

I remember why i get banned now indeed. It was because i putted mines near their the uncap of the usmc side. I was on the edge of the redzone on the mainroad, thats far out of their base, it was near the watchtower. A tank drove over my mine and i got banned.

[RC]Hunter
Site Admin
Sergeant
Sergeant
Germany

Networker

Contributor

Membership

Loading…

23 May 2016, 07:57

So you believe putting mines into the uncap zone, but being physical far away with your soldier from their base, would make a difference? That would be a silly algorythm though ...

=]RC[= Hunter

Bob.bulleken
Private
Private

23 May 2016, 19:13

They where not in the uncap since i cant come there by foot, i was 25m away from the mines or something so i was not physically far away. But thanks for the unban.

But thats what i try to say, maybe restrict the auto admin range to the redzone and not this big of a range like it is now.