neet
Private First Class
Private First Class
Favorite Server: BC2
India

Contributor

Membership

06 Oct 2021, 22:44

Origin is must for all EA games since bf3.Even if anyone buys EA games from steam as they are cheaper but they still have to run via origin.I really not don't install whats the big deal about origin.I also installed last night downloaed 2042 and today i was able to play beta,simple as that.Not installing origin is like u saying bye bye to all EA games.
Btw if you have played b4 then 2042 gameplay is also same.

Nino-6-years
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
Germany

Contributor

Membership

07 Oct 2021, 15:15

neet wrote:
06 Oct 2021, 22:44
Origin is must for all EA games since bf3.Even if anyone buys EA games from steam as they are cheaper but they still have to run via origin.I really not don't install whats the big deal about origin.I also installed last night downloaed 2042 and today i was able to play beta,simple as that.Not installing origin is like u saying bye bye to all EA games.
Btw if you have played b4 then 2042 gameplay is also same.
I didn't know Origin was a requirement since BF3, thanks for the clarifications.
The problem I have with Origin (and software alike) is that it creates monopoly-like structures and dependency. I don't intend to support these types of big and mostly overrated corporations, thus I am not going to buy their shitty "products". In my opinion, most of EA's games suck anyways, so I don't feel like I am missing out on anything if I refuse to install Origin. :s_smile:

If I get into the mood to play a game, then I want to simply buy, install and enjoy it without being forced to register at 5 different places and download 3 different clients prior to starting the game.
There are many other issues I have with the gaming industry (e.g. purposefully exploiting children by hooking them with gamble-like mechanics and many others), but that's another topic ...

I might just start developing my own game(s), because I disagree with most standards in the gaming industry. As I mentioned in some previous post, to me games are a form of art (visuals, storytelling, sound design, etc.) and should be treated as such and not be abused as a cash-grabbing method.

MaRtA_Tank_Girl
Donator
Donator
Private First Class
Private First Class
Poland

Contributor

Membership

07 Oct 2021, 15:48

Hi Nino :salut-de:
What's the problem :roll: creating an origin account takes two minutes :smoke:

Nino-6-years
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
Germany

Contributor

Membership

08 Oct 2021, 12:20

MaRtA_Tank_Girl wrote:
07 Oct 2021, 15:48
Hi Nino :salut-de:
What's the problem :roll: creating an origin account takes two minutes :smoke:
Yes, I know. But did you even read my post? 🤔 😀

neet
Private First Class
Private First Class
India

Contributor

Membership

09 Oct 2021, 18:36

So these days i just click on 2042 beta icon and it connects to origin silently and i am in game within 5 mins.Simple as that.

When i bought bf3 and origin was mandatory i didn't like it either and it irritates immensely when almost most of the website keeps asking permission to show notifications or register...etc etc, they won't even let you read the article without registering and mostly i have never registered to such sites that forces me to do this or that.I rather search and find another site and read from another site.I even hate what I open few news site and video started playing itself and it is even more annoying when that video keeps following you as u scrool down.Gawd :shock: .
So this thing is everywhere, and u talk about monopoly, It has been in happening in ages now..I won't go into details but this is all about business and mostly they are doing business by crushing new achievers either by buying them or by destroying them. If you open any msn site on chrome it will suggest to try edge and if you open google in Edge browser it will suggest to use chrome and these are multi billion companies.
Why there are only Coke n Pepsi,Nvidia and AMD,Intel and AMD,Microsoft and Apple.etc etc? rest you can connect the dots.

Steam,Battle.net,Origin,Ubisoft Connect it all the same now.If you want to play there game u download their software. :confused:

Well as i been playing bf 2042 and i didn't like it much and as expected but like i said before i don't expect bc3 happening and i have to force myself to like 2042 and it is working :) .I am playing with 40fps with lowest settings in 2042 now,as not good enough GPU.As I played for 2 days and it was worse but once I started to get kills and know the map n guns it gets easy.It has different mechanics and i'm trying to learn it, otherwise there is nothing much left in online gaming for me. My fav server stratego is empty most of the times and takes many many attempts to even log in to bc2.So yes I bought 2042. :roll:.Like I said before if I am able to play this game for next 10 yrs then it is worth it.

Nino-6-years
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
Germany

Contributor

Membership

23 Oct 2021, 00:56

neet wrote:
this is all about business and mostly they are doing business by crushing new achievers either by buying them or by destroying them.
Basically, you just summed up the reasons why people shouldn't just mindlessly consume anything they get offered, but rather choose whom they want to support with their money. The old story about supply, demand and how you change the world around you with your everyday choices, yadda yadda ...

But what I am interested in is this:
neet wrote:
i didn't like it much [...] but [...] i have to force myself to like 2042 and it is working :)
What do you mean by forcing yourself to like it? From my experience, if someone doesn't enjoy a game in the first 10-30 minutes, then it won't change in the future. Rather, it just becomes a habit and occupation, not really an enjoyment (as in appreciation of the gameplay mechanics, style, etc.). Or am I wrong?

And sorry for the late reply, I was very busy the last couple of weeks and still am. Also, I actually started developing my own game. :D Maybe I'll showcase bits and pieces in the far future, if I don't abandon the project due to the heavy workload.

MaRtA_Tank_Girl
Donator
Donator
Private First Class
Private First Class
Poland

Contributor

Membership

23 Oct 2021, 19:34

I want play Your game .

Nino-6-years
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
Germany

Contributor

Membership

23 Oct 2021, 23:09

MaRtA_Tank_Girl wrote:
23 Oct 2021, 19:34
I want play Your game .
In that case you have to be very patient. :D
It will take me at least one year to create the first presentable/playable demo and four additional years to finish what I have envisioned for this game. It's just a rough estimation, since I can only work on this project during my spare time and I have to learn many things from scratch.
For now, it's better to not wait for anything. :D

neet
Private First Class
Private First Class
India

Contributor

Membership

11 Nov 2021, 19:44

it is really good to hear that u working on new game..never knew you are developer. :s_smile:

"force myself" that was exactly the plan from the start like i said few times that i can't be playing bc2 for another 10yrs.By forcing means try to find good in it.There still so many players in bf3 and bf4,bf5 and if i like bc2 doesn't mean that these or any other games are bad.I just need to adapt to new games or i lag behind and actually i did lag behind while my friends still playing b5.First couple of days of beta was very irritating for me as i didn't like much and it is hard to adapt to new game for oldy like me.But then i call my son and ask him for few tips.So slowly when i started to learn and improving i get to like bf2042.I thought im gonna suck using new gadgets n all,they might be difficult to use but they really aren't.In beta we played in one map and it seems biggest map which has 10 capture points i guess.i don't like big maps even in bc2 as you know i use to rest in Panama Canal but there are so many new things which feels good to use.I don't believe im saying this but now i am bored with bc2 and waiting to play 2042.It was actually fun learning new techniques and new gameplay.There has been so many changes and improvements which i do like.On that one single map weather changes from sunny to rainy to windy to tornado etc.So still it is so much fun.And it was just so easy to be in server.You just click on desktop icon of bf2042 ,origin starts in background and one have to literally press space bar key five times,no other key if one have already done settings etc and your in the server playing. :shoot2: